Traffic Advisory for the Week of August 7 - August 13August 4, 2023
Road Safety Reminder for the week of August 7-13, 2023
Use Your Headlights
- Any time conditions (clouds, rain, dust, smoke, fog, etc.) prevent you from seeing other vehicles
- In darkness and when visibility does not allow clear recognition of a person or vehicle from a distance of 500 feet
- When the vehicle is operated from sunset to sunrise
- When a regulatory (white) road sign is posted stating headlights must be on
- To increase your vehicle's visibility to others while driving – even on bright days and especially when the sun is low on the horizon
According to Guam’s Traffic Violation Bureau’s (TVB) Traffic Fine Schedule
|GCA (Guam Code Annotated) Code||Description||Eff. 01/01/14|
|3201A||Driving Without Headlamps When Required||$80.00|
|3342B||Failure to Dim Headlamps for Oncoming Vehicles||$50.00|
Guam Construction Update for the week of August 7-13, 2023
Motorists are advised to drive cautiously through the construction zones, observe all posted speed limit and construction signs, and carefully heed flaggers (when present). Alternate routes and/or adjusting drive times when feasible are encouraged.
Route 5 and Portion of Route 12, Reconstruction and Widening (Route 2A to Naval Magazine/Route 12) – Santa Rita
Construction activities will continue along Route 5 from Route 2A to Route 17 with intermittent lane closures. Motorists are advised to slow down while driving through this area.
Route 14B (Ypao Road) Reconstruction and Widening (Route 14 to Carmen Memorial Dr.), Phase 1 Cliffside – Tamuning
There is a full road closure between Congressman Palting Loop and Pale San Vitores Road for the construction of a new retaining wall and widening of Ypao Road. Motorists will have to take alternate routes. The public is advised not to enter the construction area.
Route 14 Resurfacing from Route 1 to Route 14B – Tamuning
From Monday, 8/7/23 to Friday, 8/11/23 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, motorists are advised that there will be lane shifts and intermittent lane closures at the following locations:
- ET Calvo Memorial Parkway/Route 1 Intersection to The Carpet Store
- Route 1/Route 14 (Chalan San Antonio) intersection – Southbound
- Route 14 from Great National Insurance to the Route 30A Intersection
The contractor will also continue surveying along Route 14. Flaggers will be present to assist surveyors.
On Saturday, August 12, 2023, starting at 5:00 PM, the contractor will be milling and paving along Route 14 (Chalan San Antonio) from Pacific Tyre to California Mart. All traffic will be diverted to the GPO side allowing for both ways of traffic. Access to businesses will be maintained. Construction activities will be completed with all lanes open on Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 6:00 AM.
On Sunday, August 13, 2023, starting at 5:00 PM, the contractor will be milling and paving along Route 14 (Chalan San Antonio) from Ruby Tuesday to Community First FCU. All traffic will be diverted to the Sakura Dining side allowing for both ways of traffic. Access to businesses will be maintained. Construction activities will be completed with all lanes open on Monday, August 14, 2023 at 6:00 AM.
Motorists are advised to observe for posted detours for access to businesses.